I received this as a present from the wonderful children’s ministry pastor at my church! I never thought I would have one of the ‘feathery’ effect one, but here it is!
The polish lies pretty flat. Below are photos of the polish by itself, three, four coats. It does give good coverage, but I still minded that the edges weren’t completely covered…
I searched for examples of how other people have used a Fuzzy Coat series. Most people used it has a top coat effect over another nail polish. So I tried using this with orange… (Two coat)
And here is over white polish, two coats.
I know the polish has ‘yarn’ in its name and this polish does remind me of a sweater I probably had a while ago. 😛
Additional note: it gets messy at the time of removal!!!!
I decided to go with Julep Annie to use with Sephora X Chaotic!
I feel that it reminds me of a track suit, or even a child’s pajama. It definitely looks more playful than elegant.
On a side note, Chaotic is pretty easy to remove. Usually, for glitter top coat, I need to use one cotton ball for each finger nail. But i had to use only 3 cotton balls to remove Chaotic and what was underneath. Woot!
These white-ish nail polish is Julep’s Melissa. The black full coverage glitter is also Julep’s, although I am not sure which one it is. (I received it without a label on it. But I suspect that it may be Mila, Hillary, or Chelsea.) I got these through one of the random gift packages from December.
This is one of my favorite nail polish colors so far because it shines in a weird color! It’s super cool, but for some reason, people around don’t notice this color as much, and I rarely get complimented on this color. 😥
- This photo doesn’t show it much, but any reflection on Melissa will come off as green. The part that are not reflecting light will come off as sheer white.
- It does leave some streaks, which are only noticeable at close, so it doesn’t matter much!
- TIP: The polish itself is very sheer, so I had to apply about 4 coats before I was satisfied.
- This polish is mostly black glitters, mixed in with silver and red glitters, of all which are of various size, held together by clear nail polish.
- TIP: This one is supposed to be a full-cover glitter, so with 3+ coats, the polish should cover all of the nail. But it’s hard to get the edge painted cleanly (because it’s made out of glitter!) and glitters get chunky sometimes, especially with more layers. I suggest starting with one thin layer of any black nail polish. This should help make the nail look more ‘covered’ without putting too much polish on the nail. Here is an example.
If you know what the second polish is, please let me know. T_T