Here is Sephora’s Indigo Blasted. I have only tried two ‘crackle’ nail polishes so far, but I know that this one is amazing for two reasons.
- This polish cracks really well – and separates well, too!
- It is currently only $3 at certain Sephora sale section.
In the above photo, the under coat is Julep’s Alma. I posted photo from another attempt using the Indigo Blasted polish. The under coat in the photo below is Sephora Torrid Shimmer, which is also currently $3 at Sephora!
- Thinner layer will result in smaller ‘pieces’ of crackle. Thicker layer will result in bigger ‘pieces’ of crackle, but also wider space between the pieces.
- TIP: Make sure that the under coat is as smooth as possible. The crackle polish will have easier time ‘separating’ if it’s able to move easier on the surface. I found that putting a clear top coat over the under polish helps.
- TIP: Make sure that the layer underneath is dried before applying the ‘blasted’ polish. If not, the layer underneath will move along with the ‘blasted’ polish, and display ‘naked’ gaps on your nail.