I read online that by wetting newspaper with acetone, one can transfer the ink from the newspaper to the nail! I was finished reading a newspaper, so I attempted this.
The steps I took:
- Applied first color coat. (This is Sephora Yellow My Name is Betsey BTW)
- Applied clear top coat
- Soaked newspaper with acetone
- Covered my nail with part of the newspaper that was wet with acetone, and made sure the newspaper was touching all of my nail by pressing the newspaper lightly
- After about 2 seconds, lifted up the newspaper
What I learned from first attempt, and many ‘duh’ points that were not clear to me at first:
- Newspaper letters will be inverted, and not legible
- It is easier to use the newspaper if it’s cut into pieces big enough for the nails
- If newspaper is left on top of the nail for too short, the ink will not be transferred
- If newspaper if left on top of the nail for too long, the paper breaks apart and tries to become part of your nail
- Don’t move the wet newspaper piece after you first made contact with your nail
- Dont’ reuse the same piece of newspaper – the ink is no longer there
- Make sure that the letter directions are the same
- Maybe newspapers with smaller letter might leave better ‘patterns”.
Getting the letter off the newspaper is easier than I thought it would be.
A while ago, I saw a kit that did exactly this – except it had rolls of writing, which were probably in the right reflection, so that the letters would not be inverted on the nail. I probably will never buy it because it seems odd to by a roll of writing just for this.